Bioenergy offers investors an ethical, environmental and green investment which will provide a good return. It is an excellent choice for venture capitalists, fund managers and individual investors looking to build an ethical portfolio in the West Midlands. It is also a smart investment for electricity generation, energy and waste management companies.
The production of bioenergy from waste offers a wide range of benefits including the efficient production of renewable, green energy and effective waste management.
There are a number of factors which are making bioenergy from waste a major growth area:
- Growing interest from Local Authorities (e.g. Birmingham has made a commitment to reduce Birmingham's CO2 emissions by 60% by 2026)
- Pressure from International and European climate change directives requiring the reduction of CO2 emissions
- The UK landfill tax making it expensive to dump waste
- Lack of landfill sites (it is anticipated that the capacity at UK landfill sites will be exhausted by 2019)
- The rising cost of carbon credits
- The increasing demand from the public for green, renewable energy
- The rising cost of gas and electricity from energy companies
Fund managers and individual investors should contact Wendy Griffiths for more information.
There is still a growing demand from UK customers and businesses for energy produced from green sources. An electricity company can invest in bioenergy from waste and market this as a major selling point to existing and potential customers.
Energy Management Companies
Energy management companies should contact Wendy Griffiths for more information.
Waste Management Companies
Waste management companies should contact Wendy Griffiths for more information.
For more information on bioenergy and its developments, please subscribe to the EBRI newsletter.
The European Bioenergy Research Institute (EBRI) at Aston University has won ‘Best Technological Breakthrough’ for its innovative bioenergy technology, which transforms multiple wasteread more...